What does it mean to be truly happy in retirement? Is it financial independence, health, adventure, or all of the above? The vision of the ideal retirement is often different from person to person, but the foundation of a happy and wholesome retirement lies in these three pillars:
- Money – It’s been said that money cannot buy you happiness, but it’s the bedrock of a successful retirement. Have you calculated your estimated income against retirement expenses? By understanding your figures and having a holistic retirement strategy, they’ll enable you to do more things. You can enjoy living the lifestyle you’ve always envisioned without the fear of running out of money.
- Health –You can have all of the money in the world, but how can you enjoy it if you’re not healthy? Health and money go hand in hand–if you’re not healthy, you’re going to tap into a lot of your financial resources trying to get there. Are you prepared for all of the health care costs? And what about long-term care costs that aren’t covered by Medicare? One health incident has the potential to wipe out your savings if you’re not financially secured.
- Social Well-Being – While being fiscally sound for retirement is a priority, cultivating a balance of physical activity, mental stimulation, and socialization is just as important. By partaking in physical activities such as walking, hiking, tennis and golf, they can keep you active and healthy. And when it comes to your mental health, challenging the mind through continuous learning can help you sharpen and boost memory retention. Last but not least, social interaction whether it be with your family, old friends, or new ones is the benefit of the human contact at its best.
We all have different ideas of retirement, but one thing for sure is that we all desire for happiness. How do you see yourself retiring? Give us a call at 651.414.0016 (Woodbury office) or 715.808.8981 (Hudson office) and we’ll help secure a retirement that’s happily ever after.
It’s officially “back to school” season! Here’s a quick and wholesome breakfast recipe that’s the perfect way to start a busy day.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups egg whites
- 9 eggs
- 1 pound turkey ham, diced
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 2 fresh jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray 24 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add egg whites to eggs and beat until smooth. Stir turkey ham, spinach, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper into the eggs. Ladle the egg mixture into prepared muffin cups to about 3/4-full.
- Bake in preheated oven until firm in the middle, 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes1
The Five “P’s of Putting”
The putter is the club generally used most during a round of golf. Focus on these fundamentals for a better stroke and lower scores:
- Pace – The speed of your putts.
- Path – The direction the ball travels on the green.
- Pendulum – The tick-tock motion of your putter.
- Patience – Relax and take your time.
- Practice –The only way to improve your putting.
Tips adapted from PGA2
Healthy Aging Month
September is “Healthy Aging Month”, a month dedicated to bringing attention on the positive aspects of growing older. In honor of the movement, here are some excellent tips for preserving your health and quality of life:
- Get moving – Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy body and mind.
- Stay social – Take on new hobbies and classes and see old friends or make new ones.
- Go green – Eat plenty of vegetables or high-fiber foods to support your digestion and heart health.
- Take a hike – Daily walks in the cool mornings can bolster both your heart and lungs.
- Sleep well – Make sure getting plenty of rest daily to support a more active and outgoing lifestyle.
Tips adapted from WebMD3
Share the Wealth of Knowledge!
Please share this market update with family, friends, or colleagues.
If you would like us to add them to our list,
simply click on the “Forward email” link below. We love being introduced!
By clicking on these links, you will leave our server, as they are located on another server. We have not independently verified the information available through this link. The link is provided to you as a matter of interest. Please click on the links below to leave and proceed to the selected site.
This document is for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal or tax advice. One should consult a legal or tax professional regarding their own personal situation. Any comments regarding safe and secure investments and guaranteed income streams refer only to fixed insurance products offered by an insurance company. They do not refer in any way to securities or investment advisory products Insurance policy applications are vetted through an underwriting process set forth by the issuing insurance company. Some applications may not be accepted based upon adverse underwriting results. Death benefit payouts are based upon the claims paying ability of the issuing insurance company.